With the VMWare Tools Installed and Working You will have you a Much More Pleasant Journey with Fedora Linux 16 Lxde on VMWare
With the VMWare Tools Installed you Dispose of Easy-Resizing and Also of Shared Folders to Easy Exchanging Files with the Host System!
Just Take the Time of Carefully Looking, Reading and Following the Detailed Instructions and Commands Contained in this Guide.
You Find Detailed VMWare Installation Troubleshooting Link 2 the Article Bottom.
- Start the Process of Downloading and Mounting the VMWare Tools CD with:
- VMWare Fusion Virtual Machine >> Install VMWare Tools
- VMWare Workstation VM >> Install VMWare Tools
May be you will need to Wait Until VMWare has Provided to Downloading and Mounting the VMWare Tools CD.
If the Window with the VMWare Tools Do Not Appear you will Need to Manually Disconnect the CD/DVD in:
Virtual Machines >> CD/DVD(IDE) >> Disconnect CD/DVD
And just Re-Starting the VMWare Tools Installation…
- After the Virtual CD Containing the Tools Should Pop-Up
- Double-Click to Open the VMWare Tools Archive
- Extract Into the /tmp Directory
- Open Terminal Window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
- Update the Kernel
If the Output Contains the keyword “PAE” then Look this Other Tutorial:
Installing Kernel-Headers on Fedora PAE Kernel
su -c 'yum update kernel'
su -c reboot
- Install the Prerequisite Packages
su -c "yum install gcc"
Installing Kernel Headers
su -c "yum install kernel-headers kernel-devel"
To Get Enabled the Shared Folders Apply Patch:VMWare-Tools Patch
- VMWare Tools Installation:
su -c "./vmware-install.pl"
Follow to Accept All the Default Proposed Settings…
Eventually Answer “Yes” to Enable Load New Kernel Modules at Boot.
In Case Prompted about What is the location of the “ifconfig”? Look:Locating the ifconfig on Fedora
After a little while the installation should complete successfully :)
But if Instead you Get: Execution aborted
Then Consult Troubleshooting…VMWare Tools Troubleshootings
- This is the Sign of Success!
- Now to Enable VMWare Tools without Logout