Install Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy on VMware Fusion 6
The Tutorial Shows You Visually and Step-by-Step How-to Install Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander Unity Desktop on VMware Fusion 6.
Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Come with Multiples New Features:
- Unity 7: include Smart Scopes (100 Scopes to empower searching through the Dash) and In-Dash Payments (pay for stuff directly from their In-Dash search results)
- Compiz: A ‘trunk’ version of Compiz, called Compiz 0.9.10, will include a number of patches and performance tweaks that should make the Desktop much Faster and Smoother
- Locally Integrated Menus: Sort of a hybrid between the HUD and standard menus
- Video driver changes: Nvidia Optimus support, Nvidia Prime support, Radeon UVD support, RadeonSI support and Proper touch screen support
- Software: LibreOffice 5.1 as Office Suite, Rhythmbox as Music Player, Thunderbird as eMail Client
To the Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Installation Guide Bottom Link to VMware Tools Installation for Ubuntu Linux 13.10 Desktop.
Download Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Live Desktop i386/amd64:Get Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy ISO
Create a New Virtual Machine
Select Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy ISO Image
UnCheck Easy Install to Customize Better
Click on Customize Settings
Set the Name
Then Set the Disk Size to At Least 64Gb
Take Note: The Disk then will be Auto-Growing and 64Gb here it’s Just the Upper Limit!
Start the Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Installation
Prepare for Installation
Eventually Check the Third Party Software
Here You can Simply Take the Defaults
Or Opt for a LVM SetUp…
Setting Up Country and Time Zone
Select the Keyboard Layout
Eventually Log-In on Ubuntu One
Ubuntu One is Good for Synchronizing Your Stuff on All the Ubuntu Devices…
Then Start the Installation and Auto-Configuration
When Done then Re-Boot Into the Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Desktop!
If the Re-Boot is Lagging then Select Re-Start from the VMs Menu…
How-to Install VMware Tools for Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy:VMware Tools Installation Guide
Easy Tip: Use the Dash to Start Looking for Extra Stuff on Ubuntu :)