How-to Install VMware Tools on Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty LTS Linux
The Guide Simply Shows How-to Install the VMWare Tools on Linux Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr 32/64bit Desktop.
You need to know that the VMWare Tools Installed and Working will Grant you a More Pleasant Journey with Linux Xubuntu on VMWare Virtual Machine…
With the VMWare Tools Installed you Can Custom Easy-Resizing the Screen Just Dragging and More your Guest will Dispose Also of Shared Folders to Easy Exchanging Files with the Host System!
Relax and Take the Time to Look, Follow and Enjoy this Complete and Detailed Guide.
Comprehends All the Screen-shots taken during Installation that Show Every Single Step and Setup of the Process…
- Start the Process of Downloading and Mounting the VMWare Tools CD with:
- VMWare Fusion Virtual Machine >> Install VMWare Tools
- VMWare Workstation VM >> Install VMWare Tools
May be you will need to Wait Until VMWare has Provided to Downloading and Mounting the VMWare Tools CD.
If after Download the Window with the VMWare Tools Do Not Appear you will Need to Manually Disconnect the CD/DVD in:
Virtual Machines >> CD/DVD(IDE) >> Disconnect CD/DVD
and after Re-Starting the VMWare Tools Installation…
- Double-Click on VMWare Tools CD on Desktop
- Double Click on VMWare-Tools to Extract by Archive Manager
- Extract Into /tmp Directory
- Open Terminal Window
To Get Enabled the Shared Folders Apply Patch:VMWare-Tools Patch
- VMWare Tools Installation:
sudo su -c "./vmware-install.pl"
Follow to Accept All the Default Proposed Settings…
Eventually Answer “Yes” to Enable Load New Kernel Modules at Boot.
In Case you Got Kernel Header “” is not a valid path Look:Troubleshooting VMware-Tools Installation
This is the Sign of Success! :)
- Now to Enable VMWare Tools without Logout
For VMware Tools Installation Troubleshootings Look: