Install Latest MongoDB for Xubuntu 13.10 Saucy
The Guide Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Quick Getting-Started on the Latest MongoDB NoSQL Database Release for Linux Xubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander i386/amd64 Xfce Desktop.
MongoDB is a Document Database with these Features:
- High Performance
- Embedding makes reads and writes fast.
- Indexes can include keys from embedded documents and arrays.
- Optional streaming writes (no acknowledgments).
- High Availability
- Replicated servers with automatic master failover.
- Easy Scalability
- Automatic sharding distributes collection data across machines.
- Eventually-consistent reads can be distributed over replicated servers.
Finally the post’s Content is Expressly Reduced to Give Focus to the Essentials Instructions and Commands.
- Open Terminal Window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
SetUp Apt Repo for Latest MongoDB Installation:MongoDB Apt Repo Setup
- Installing the MongoDB Database for Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install mongodb-10gen
MongoDB Quick Getting-Started:MongoDB First Steps