How-to Getting-Started with Google Drive on Elementary OS 0.2-Luna/0.3-Freya Linux 32-64bit Easy GuideMay 22nd, 2014 by thelinuxevangelist
Install Google Drive Client for Elementary OS Linux
The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Getting-Started with Google Drive Docs Sync Client on Elementary OS 0.2-Luna/0.3-Freya i386/amd64 Linux Desktop.
- Powerful Search: Recognizing Objects in Images and Text in Scanned Docs!
- View Anything: View Over 31 File Types right in Your Browser.
- Work Offline: You can turn on Google Drive Offline to Create and Edit.
- Chat, Discuss & Mentions: Add a “+” in front of an email address in a comment and Drive will send them an email so they know to follow up.
- Go back in time with Revision History: Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides automatically save and track every change you make, forever.
Grive Tools will assist in the installation and setup of Google Drive on your Elementary OS desktop.
- Grive Tools consists of the following components:
- Grive Setup – The main setup installation program to get started.
- Grive Indicator – Application indicator for Google Drive.
- A GUI installation will guide you through the installation process and setup Google Drive in your home folder.
- You will be able to access your Google Drive files locally* as well as synchronize your files with your Google Drive online. (* excluding Google Docs)
- Auto Sync – Grive Tools keeps your Google Drive synchronized automatically by detecting changes in your local Google Drive folder. New files and folders will be uploaded to your Google Drive automatically after a few seconds.
- Bi-Directional Sync – When you Sync your Google Drive new files online will be downloaded to your local folder and new local files will be uploaded to your Google Drive online.
- The Grive Application Indicator supports both light and dark desktop themes.
- On Screen notifications of Google Drive activity.
- Supported Desktops include Unity, Gnome, KDE, Xfce, Cinnamon and LXDE
- Supported languages : Afrikaans, English, Spanish, Dutch, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Polish, Czech, Arabic and Japanese (more translations soon)
- For users that require more features like choosing which folder to sync with Google Drive, and interval sync of online files, have a look at overGrive.
How-to Add Grive Tools Elementary OS Repository PPA:Grive Tools Elementary OS PPA
Open Terminal Window
Ctrl+Alt+t on desktop
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Install Grive Tools
sudo su -c "apt-get install grive-tools"
Getting-Started with Google Drive on Elementary OS Linux:Grive Tools Quick-Start
How-to Install Google-Chrome Browser on Elementary OS:SetUp Chrome on Elementary OS/a>
Tags: Elementary OS, Elementary OS 0.2, Elementary OS 0.2 Luna, google drive, google drive docs, google drive Elementary OS, google drive linux, google drive sync Elementary OS, Guide, How-to, Linux, Tutorial