Quick-Start with Light Table on Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty LTS
The Linux Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Quick-Start with Light Table (The next generation code editor) on Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr LTS i386/amd64 Linux Desktop.
Light Table Features:
- WATCHES: Next-gen println to keep track of important values in your code. Just add a watch to an expression and the value will be streamed back to LT in real time.
- INLINE EVALUTION: No more printing to the console in order to view your results. Simply evaluate your code and the results will be displayed inline.
- OPEN SOURCE: Developer tools should be open source. Every bit of Light Table’s code is available to the community because none of us are as smart as all of us.
- MALLEABLE: Keymaps, behaviors, and Light Table’s Behavior-Object-Tag engine means you can easily shape your IDE to whatever your work requires.
- PLUGIN MANAGER: The plugin manager hooks into the central list of plugins so you don’t have to go hunting all over the internet to find the ones you want.
- POWERFUL EDITING: Light Table is a lightweight, clean, and sleek interface with all of the power and functionality you need and expect from your editor.
How-to Install Light Table on Ubuntu:Ubuntu Light Table Installation
The Linked Guide Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Getting-Started with Light Table on Ubuntu Linux.
The Light Table seem needing of Admin Privilegies to be Successfully Launched…
To Launch from Desktop make a Launcher Command with GKsu like:
To Install GKsu for Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install gksu
How-to Create a Custom Launcher on Ubuntu Unity Desktop:How Launcher for Ubuntu-Unity
Opening the Light Table Commands Pane
Ctrl+Space or View -> Commands
Light Table Official Documentation:Light Table Docs
For Getting Help on Using Light Table Look into the Official Documentation…