Kodi QuickStart for Ubuntu Linux
Hello Ubuntu User! This Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Getting-Started with the Latest Kodi on Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus LTS 32/64bit GNU/Linux Unity Desktop.
Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more.
Kodi Features at a Glance:
- Music: Kodi can play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats.
- Movies: Kodi can do movies on all the main video formats and sources, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM.
- TV Shows: The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors.
- Pictures: Import pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
- PVR and Live TV: Kodi allows you to watch and record live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
- Add-ons: Take Kodi to a whole new level with the vast selection of community created add-ons that are available though our repositories.
- Skin: Kodi allows you to completely change the whole GUI.
- UPnP: With UPnP compatibility you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease
- Web Interfaces: Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface.
- Remote Controls: With support for hundreds of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps, Kodi allows you to control your media your way.
Open a Shell session
Ctrl+Alt+t to open a Terminal emulator on Desktop
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Enable the Kodi Ubuntu PPA Repository:Enabled Kodi Ubuntu PPA
Installing Kodi for Linux Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install kodi
Tags: Getting Started, gnu/linux, gnu/linux tutorial, Guide, How-to, How-to Linux, how-to ubuntu, install Kodi ubuntu, Kodi quickstart ubuntu, Kodi ubuntu, Linux, Linux Tutorial, quickstart, Ubuntu, Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus LTS, ubuntu gnu/linux, ubuntu linux, ubuntu quickstart, ubuntu tutorial