Getting-Started with Vagrant for Mint 17.x
Hello Mint User! This Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Getting-Started with the Latest Vagrant Virtual Machines Management Tool on Linux Mint 17.x Qiana/Rebecca/Rafaela/Rosa 32/64bit GNU/Linux.
Vagrant is a Tool that Makes it Easier to Run and Manage Virtual Machines on your computer.
Vagrant main Features:
- Makes a VM with an OS of your choice
- Changes the Settings of a VM (e.g., RAM, number of CPUs, etc.)
- Settles Network Interfaces to access a VM from outside
- Etablishes Shared Folders to exchange with your computer
- Defines the Hostname of a VM
- Provides Software for the VM by shell scripts or configuration management solutions
- Operates specific Tweakings on hosts and guests
- SSH into a VM from you computer
By Default Vagrant Works only with VirtualBox VMs, to get it Working with VMware or other Hypervisor you have to Install a Paid Plugin.
To Get Installed right the Latest Vagrant Release for Mint we Provide Directly to the Download from the Vagrant WebSite.
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Download Latest Vagrant for Debian LinuxGet Latest Vagrant .deb 32/64bit
Check/Install GDebi Package Installer
If not there then:
sudo apt install gdebi
If Got “User is Not in Sudoers file” then Look: Solution
Access the Target location
(Usually Downloads go in the Home folder or the Temporary directory /tmp)
Or when downloaded with Firefox maybe:
To Verify that it’s there List the contents with:
Vagrant Installation on Mint
sudo gdebi ./vagrant*.deb
The sudo Command is needed Only for an user Different from the root one…
Fixing Vagrant Help Ruby Gems Issue
sudo vagrant plugin install vagrant-share \ --plugin-version 1.1.8
Test Vagrant Installation
How-to Install Required Oracle VirtualBox on MintOracle VirtualBox Installation
How-to Getting-Started with Vagrant VMs ManagementVagrant Getting-Started Guide