Ubuntu Hadoop Quick-Start Guides
The Linked Tutorials are Showing How-to Install and Getting-Started with Apache Hadoop/Map-Reduce for Big Data on Linux Mint Distribution.
Hadoop is an open source framework for writing and running Distributed Applications that Process Big Data (large amounts of data).
Apache Hadoop key Features:
- Accessible — Hadoop runs on large clusters of commodity machines or on cloud computing services such as Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
- Robust — Because it is intended to run on commodity hardware, Hadoop is architected with the assumption of frequent hardware malfunctions. It can gracefully handle most such failures.
- Scalable — Hadoop scales linearly to handle larger data by adding more nodes to the cluster.
- Simple — Hadoop allows users to quickly write efficient parallel code.
How-to Install Apache Hadoop on Linux Mint
Getting-Started with MongoDB on Linux Mint:
- Hadoop Quick-Start on Linux Mint 16
- Hadoop Quick-Start on Linux Mint 15
How-to Getting-Started with Redis In-Memory DB for Linux Mint: