The Guide Include Detailed Commands and Instructions plus the Basic Screenshots of the Process.
Simply Relax and Take the Time to Carefully Reading and Executing the Command and the Instructions Contained here below…
- Start the VMWare Tools Installation:
- After you Confirmed the Installation the Media Containing the VMWare Tools Media should Load:
- Drag the VMWare Tools Archive on the Desktop:
- Double-Click on the Archive to Decompress it:
- Simply Confirm the Destination Clicking on Extract:
- Loading the Media Containing the Mageia Distribution:
- Open a Terminal Command Window:
- Take-Note of your Kernel Version:
- Install Prerequisite Packages:
If Got “User is Not in Sudoers file” then Look: Solution
urpmi gcc kernel-devel
If you System Presents Multiples Kernels you will be Asked for the Kernel Actually in Use.
if Urpmi Do Not Work then SetUp the Mageia Urpmi Repositories:Mageia Repositories SetUp
To Get Enabled the Shared Folders Apply Patch:VMWare-Tools Patch
- Start the VMWare Tools Installation: Access the Target Folder:
Run the Installation Script:
Simply Confirm All the Default Settings…
In a Little While the VMWare Tools should be Successfully Installed!
Here we suppose you Have the Media Containing the Mageia 2 Distribution… If Not, you will Need to Make a Setup for Enabling the Remote Mageia Repositories.
Often a Linux System Presents Multiples Kernels so you will Need to Know What Kernel Version you are Using.