Install the Latest MongoDB for Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy
The Guide Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install the Latest MongoDB NoSQL Database Community Edition Release for Linux Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander i386/amd64 Xfce Desktop.
MongoDB is a Document Database with these Features:
- High Performance
- Embedding makes reads and writes fast.
- Indexes can include keys from embedded documents and arrays.
- Optional streaming writes (no acknowledgments).
- High Availability
- Replicated servers with automatic master failover.
- Easy Scalability
- Automatic sharding distributes collection data across machines.
- Eventually-consistent reads can be distributed over replicated servers.
Finally, the post’s Content is Expressly Reduced to Give Focus to the Essentials Instructions and Commands.
Open Terminal Window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
SetUp Apt Repo for Latest MongoDB InstallationMongoDB Apt Repo Setup
Installing the MongoDB Database for Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install -y mongodb-org
MongoDB Database Getting-Started GuideMongoDB First Steps