Installing Latest MongoDB for Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid
You are Welcome! The Tutorial shows you Step-by-Step How to Install and Quick Start on the Latest MongoDB NoSQL Database Community Edition Release for Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet i386/amd64 Xfce GNU+Linux Desktop.
MongoDB is a Document Database with these Features:
- High Performance
- Embedding makes reads and writes fast.
- Indexes can include keys from embedded documents and arrays.
- Optional streaming writes (no acknowledgments).
- High Availability
- Replicated servers with automatic master failover.
- Easy Scalability
- Automatic sharding distributes collection data across machines.
- Possibly-consistent reads can be distributed over replicated servers.
Finally, the post’s Content is Expressly Reduced to Give Focus to the Essentials Instructions and Commands.
Open a Shell Emulator Terminal Window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands).
SetUp Apt Repo for Latest MongoDB InstallationMongoDB Apt Repo Setup
Installing the MongoDB Database for Xubuntu
sudo apt-get install -y mongodb-org
MongoDB Quick Start Guide:MongoDB First, Steps