MythTV Quick-Start for Xubuntu Linux
The Linux Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Getting-Started with MythTV Media Software Center and Digital TV Watching on Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet i386/amd64 Linux+GNU Desktop.
We like to think of MythTV as the Ultimate Digital Video Recorder and Home Media Center hub.
Think of it as a Free and Open Source alternative to Windows Media Center or Tivo.
MythTV Main Features List:
- Watch and record analog and/or digital TV, including HDTV.
- Pause, skip, and rewind live TV shows.
- Completely automatic commercial detection/skipping, with manual correction via an intuitive cutlist editor.
- Intelligently schedules recordings to avoid conflicts.
- Parental controls to keep your kids out of the good shows.
- Watch and archive DVDs.
- Listen to your digital music collection.
- Schedule and administer many functions remotely via a web browser.
- Flexible client/server architecture allows multiple frontend client machines to access content served by one or more backend servers
(although the most common installation consists of a single computer running both the client and server together).
Open Ubuntu Software Center
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Search for “mythtv”
Select & Install the MythTV Frontend Package
If you have a Proprietary Graphics Card driver that needed to be installed
sudo nvidia-glx-config enable
sudo aticonfig --initial
- For Nvidia:
Find a Compatible USB Digital TV Tuner Card for MythTVMythTV Digital Tuner Card List
Tags: Getting Started, gnu, gnu/linux, How-to, install mythtv xubuntu, Linux, Linux Tutorial, mythtv, mythtv tutorial, Quick Start, quickstart, Xubuntu, Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, xubuntu install mythtv, xubuntu linux, xubuntu mythtv, xubuntu mythtv quickstart, Xubuntu tutorial, xubuntu tv watching