Google Drive Quick Start for Lubuntu 15.10 Wily
You are Welcome! The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install and Getting-Started with Google Drive Docs Sync Client on Lubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf i386/amd64 GNU/Linux Desktop.
- Powerful Search: Recognizing Objects in Images and Text in Scanned Docs!
- View Anything: View Over 31 File Types right in Your Browser.
- Work Offline: You can turn on Google Drive Offline to Create and Edit.
- Chat, Discuss & Mentions: Add a “+” in front of an email address in a comment and Drive will send them an email so they know to follow up.
- Go back in time with Revision History: Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides automatically save and track every change you make, forever.
Grive Tools will assist in the installation and setup of Google Drive on your Lubuntu desktop.
- Grive Tools consists of the following components:
- Grive Setup – The main setup installation program to get started.
- Grive Indicator – Application indicator for Google Drive.
- A GUI installation will guide you through the installation process and setup Google Drive in your home folder.
- You will be able to access your Google Drive files locally* as well as synchronize your files with your Google Drive online. (* excluding Google Docs)
- Auto Sync – Grive Tools keeps your Google Drive synchronized automatically by detecting changes in your local Google Drive folder. New files and folders will be uploaded to your Google Drive automatically after a few seconds.
- Bi-Directional Sync – When you Sync your Google Drive new files online will be downloaded to your local folder and new local files will be uploaded to your Google Drive online.
- The Grive Application Indicator supports both light and dark desktop themes.
- On Screen notifications of Google Drive activity.
- Supported Desktops include Unity, Gnome, KDE, Xfce, Cinnamon and LXDE
- Supported languages : Afrikaans, English, Spanish, Dutch, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Polish, Czech, Arabic and Japanese (more translations soon)
- For users that require more features like choosing which folder to sync with Google Drive, and interval sync of online files, have a look at overGrive.
How to Add Grive Tools Lubuntu Repository PPAGrive Tools Lubuntu PPA
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Ctrl+Alt+t on Desktop
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
How to Install Grive > 0.3 on Ubuntu LinuxGrive 0.5 Ubuntu Installation
Then may need to Amend the Grive-Tools Repo
sudo su -c "nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/thefanclub*.list"
Change the “wily” at the end of line in “vivid“!
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/thefanclub/grive-tools/ubuntu vivid main
Ctrl+x to Save & Exit from nano editor :)
sudo apt-get update
Install Grive Tools for Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install grive-tools
If Got “User is Not in Sudoers file” then see: How to Enable sudo
Getting-Started with Google Drive on Lubuntu LinuxGrive Tools Quick Start
Tags: gnu, gnu/linux, google drive, google drive docs, google drive linux, google drive Lubuntu, google drive sync Lubuntu, grive, grive tools, Guide, How-to, install google drive lubuntu, Linux, Linux Tutorial, Lubuntu, lubuntu 15.10, Lubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, lubuntu tutorial, Tutorial