Canon i-Sensys MF418x/MF419x Printer Quick-Start for Mint
The Linux Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install the Canon MF418x/MF419x i-SENSYS Printer Driver on Linux Mint 32/64bit Desktop.
The Canon MF418x/MF419x Driver Installation procedure is quick and involves using some basic shell command on the Terminal.
Canon recommends that CQue be used as the default Driver product on all Linux systems.
Canon’s CQue is a powerful tool to create and manage Printer Queues for Canon devices on Linux platforms.
CQue Key Features:
- Allows the creation of specific or dedicated printer queues giving access to all the features of the Canon device with just few mouse clicks.
- Create and use a single printer queue with different parameters.
- Manages all the features of Canon devices (paper trays, duplex printing, stapling, paper formats, etc.) as specified by the PPD file.
- Supports advanced features like: mailbox printing, secured printing and printing with department accounting.
- Supports many command line options to fine-tune printing on-line.
- Automatic internal transformation of PS and PDF data to PCL5, or PCL6 (or PDF to PS) through the foomatic engine of Linux.
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Download Canon MF418x/MF419x Linux Mint Driver:Canon MF418x/MF419x CQue Deb Driver
Checking/Installing GDebi Package Installer:
If Not there then:
sudo apt-get install gdebi
If Got “User is Not in Sudoers file” then Look: Solution
Changing to the Canon Target Directory:
Installing Canon MF418x/MF419x CQue Driver:
sudo gdebi ./CQue*.deb
Tags: canon, canon cque linux, canon cque linux mint, canon i-sensys Linux Mint driver, Canon MF411dw, Canon MF418x/MF419x, canon MF418x/MF419x cque, Canon MF418x/MF419x linux, Canon MF418x/MF419x Linux Mint, Canon MF418x/MF419x Linux Mint driver, Canon MF418x/MF419x printer linux driver, Canon MF418x/MF419x scanner, Canon MF418x/MF419x scanner linux, Canon MF418x/MF419x scanner Linux Mint, canon printer, canon printer driver linux mint, canon printer linux mint, Getting Started, How-to, Install, install Canon MF418x/MF419x Driver Linux Mint, install canon printer driver linux mint, install canon printer linux mint, install printer linux mint, Linux, quickstart