Partition/Disk Recovery on Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial
Hello Ubuntu User! This Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Getting Started with TestDisk Partitions Scan and Disk Recovery Tools on Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus LTS 32/64bit GNU/Linux.
TestDisk is powerful free data recovery software! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software: certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.
- Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
- Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
- Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
- Fix FAT tables
- Rebuild NTFS boot sector
- Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
- Fix MFT using MFT mirror
- Locate ext2/ext3/ext4 Backup SuperBlock
- Undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystem
- Copy files from deleted FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions.
Inside the Article You’ll Find also a Link to Detailed Guide on How Getting-Started Scanning and Recovering Partitions on Ubuntu Linux.
Open Ubuntu Software Center
Search for: “Partition scanner”
Select the Package and Click on Install
Getting-Started Recover Disk Partitions on Ubuntu:Step-by-Step Recovering Example
This recovery example guides you through TestDisk step by step to recover a missing partition and repair a corrupted one.