Install Google Drive Client for Debian Linux
Hello Debian User! This Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Getting-Started with Google Drive Docs Sync Client on Debian 10 Buster GNU/Linux 32/64bit Gnome/Xfce/Lxde/Mate/Cinnamon/KDE Desktop.
- Powerful Search: Recognizing Objects in Images and Text in Scanned Docs!
- View Anything: View Over 31 File Types right in Your Browser.
- Work Offline: You can turn on Google Drive Offline to Create and Edit.
- Chat, Discuss & Mentions: Add a “+” in front of an email address in a comment and Drive will send them an email so they know to follow up.
- Go back in time with Revision History: Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides automatically save and track every change you make, forever.
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Start Typing ‘term’ on Desktop.
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
How-to Install Google Drive Client for DebianGoogle Drive OcamlFuse Installation
Authenticate google-drive-ocamlfuse with your Google account
By simply running:
And then following the Instructions on Browser:
Create a New Directory
Where you want the Google Drive to be mounted:
This create a new gdrive directory in your home directory.
Check if Tool is in the Path
If not then:
echo "export PATH=/home/[MYUSER]/.opam/system/bin:$PATH" >> ~/.bashrc
Then to refresh the Path:
Mount Google Drive
On Non Gnome Desktops Install Nautilus
sudo apt install nautilus
Then You can Access Stuff also from the Nautilus File Manager
To Mount Google Drive on System StartUp
echo "/home/[MYUSER]/.opam/system/bin/google-drive-ocamlfuse \ ~/gdrive" >> ~/.bash_profile
It will Append the Command into the .bash_profile File…
How-to Install Google-Chrome Browser on Debian: SetUp Chrome on Debian.