Audacity Quick-Start for Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial
The Linux Tutorial Shows You How-to Install and Getting-Started with Audacity Audio Editor and Recorder on Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial i386/amd64 GNU/Linux Desktop.
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems.
Audacity Main Features List:
- Record live audio.
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Numerous effects including change the speed or pitch of a recording.
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Start Typing ‘term’ on Desktop.
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
To Install the Current Release Setup Audacity PPA:Audacity Daily PPA Setup
Installing Audacity on Linux Kubuntu
sudo su -c "apt install audacity"