Quick-Start ActiveMQ for Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety
Hello Ubuntu User! The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-step How to Install ActiveMQ on Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak 32/64-bit GNU/Linux Desktop/Server.
As Pre-Requisite for Apache ActiveMQ is the Oracle Java SE JDK 8+ Installation for Ubuntu Linux.
Some ActiveMQ Features are:
- Fully JMS Compliant
- Connectivity (Wide range of Connectivity Options with protocols: Http/s, IP multicast, STOMP, TCP, UDP, XMPP)
- Pluggable persistence and security
- Building messaging applications with Java
- Integration with application servers (Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Apache Geronimo, JBoss)
- Client APIs (C/C++,.NET,Perl,Python,Ruby and more)
- Broker clustering (Many ActiveMQ brokers can work together as a network of brokers for scalability purposes)
- Dramatically simplified administration
First open a Terminal shell emulator window
Ctrl+Alt+t on desktop
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Or LogIn into Shell…
Download Apache ActiveMQ for LinuxActiveMQ Linux tar.gz
Then Extract the Archive into /tmp/
With the Archive Manager (If needed Double-Click on file).
Or from Shell:
tar xvzf ~/Downloads/apache-activemq*.tar.gz -C /tmp
How to Install Required Oracle Java JDK on UbuntuInstall Oracle JDK 8+ for Ubuntu
Finally, to Install it Relocate Apache ActiveMQ Folder
sudo su -c "mv /tmp/apache-activemq* /opt/"
Set the SuperUser as owner with:
sudo su -c "chown -R root:root /opt/apache-activemq*"
Apache ActiveMQ Quick Start Guide on LinuxActiveMQ Quick Start