Install Kodi Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty
Hello Kubuntu User! This Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Getting-Started with Latest Kodi 18 Leia on Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty LTS 32/64-bit GNU/Linux Desktop.
And Kodi for Kubuntu 14.04 (formerly known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more.
Most Noteworthy about Kodi Nightly Builds: Since only Bug Fixes are going in right now, nightly builds are As Stable (if not more so) As Beta Builds.
Finally here are the Kodi Features at a Glance:
- Music: Kodi can play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats.
- Movies: Kodi can Play All the Main Video Formats, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM.
- TV Shows: The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors.
- Photos: Import Pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
- PVR and Live TV: Kodi allows you to Watch and Record Live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
- Add-ons: Take Kodi to a whole new level with the vast selection of community created add-ons that are available though our repositories.
- Skin: Kodi allows you to completely Change the whole GUI.
- UPnP: With UPnP compatibility you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease
- Web Interfaces: Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface.
- Remote Controls: With support for hundreds of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps, Kodi allows you to control your media your way.
Open a Command Line Terminal Window
Kickoff and Search for “term”
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Enable the Kodi Kubuntu PPA Repository:Enabled Kodi Kubuntu PPA
Follow instructions to Setup the Nightly Channel.
Installing Kodi for Linux Kubuntu
sudo apt install kodi
Finally Launch & Enjoy Kodi!
Or Better make Use of the Desktop Launcher…
Tags: install kodi Kubuntu 14.04, install kodi Kubuntu Trusty, install Kubuntu 14.04 kodi, install Kubuntu Trusty kodi, kodi install Kubuntu 14.04, kodi install Kubuntu Trusty, kodi Kubuntu 14.04, kodi Kubuntu 14.04 install, kodi Kubuntu 14.04 installation, kodi Kubuntu 14.04 setup, kodi Kubuntu Trusty, kodi Kubuntu Trusty install, kodi Kubuntu Trusty installation, kodi Kubuntu Trusty setup, kodi setup Kubuntu 14.04, kodi setup Kubuntu Trusty, Kubuntu, Kubuntu 14.04 install kodi, Kubuntu 14.04 kodi, Kubuntu 14.04 kodi install, Kubuntu 14.04 kodi setup, Kubuntu gnu/linux, Kubuntu install 14.04 kodi, Kubuntu install Trusty kodi, Kubuntu linux, Kubuntu Trusty install kodi, Kubuntu Trusty kodi, Kubuntu Trusty kodi install, Kubuntu Trusty kodi setup, Kubuntu tutorial, Linux, Linux Tutorial