Install Kodi Linux Mint 17
Hello Linux Mint User! This Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Getting-Started with Latest Kodi 18 Leia on Linux Mint 17 Qiana/Rebecca/Rafaela/Rosa LTS 32/64-bit GNU/Linux Desktop.
And Kodi for Linux Mint 17 (formerly known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more.
Most Noteworthy about Kodi Nightly Builds: Since only Bug Fixes are going in right now, nightly builds are As Stable (if not more so) As Beta Builds.
Finally here are the Kodi Features at a Glance:
- Music: Kodi can play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats.
- Movies: Kodi can Play All the Main Video Formats, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM.
- TV Shows: The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors.
- Photos: Import Pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
- PVR and Live TV: Kodi allows you to Watch and Record Live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
- Add-ons: Take Kodi to a whole new level with the vast selection of community created add-ons that are available though our repositories.
- Skin: Kodi allows you to completely Change the whole GUI.
- UPnP: With UPnP compatibility you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease
- Web Interfaces: Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface.
- Remote Controls: With support for hundreds of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps, Kodi allows you to control your media your way.
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Enable the Kodi Linux Mint PPA Repository:Enabled Kodi Linux Mint PPA
Follow instructions to Setup the Nightly Channel.
Installing Kodi for Linux Mint
sudo apt install kodi
Finally Launch & Enjoy Kodi!
Or Better make Use of the Desktop Launcher…
Tags: install kodi Linux Mint, install kodi Linux Mint 17, install Linux Mint 17 kodi, install Linux Mint kodi, kodi install Linux Mint, kodi install Linux Mint 17, Kodi linux mint, kodi Linux Mint 17, kodi Linux Mint 17 install, kodi Linux Mint 17 installation, kodi Linux Mint 17 setup, kodi Linux Mint install, kodi Linux Mint installation, kodi Linux Mint setup, kodi setup Linux Mint, kodi setup Linux Mint 17, Linux, Linux Mint, Linux Mint 17 install kodi, Linux Mint 17 kodi, Linux Mint 17 kodi install, Linux Mint 17 kodi setup, linux mint gnu/linux, Linux Mint install 17 kodi, Linux Mint install kodi, Linux Mint kodi, Linux Mint kodi install, Linux Mint kodi setup, linux mint linux, linux mint tutorial, Linux Tutorial