Canon i-SENSYS LBP7010C/LBP7018C Ubuntu Setup
You are Welcome! The Linux Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install the Canon LBP7010C/LBP7018C i-SENSYS Printer Driver on Ubuntu 14.04-Trusty/16.04-Xenial/18.04-Bionic LTS 32/64-bit Desktop.
And the Canon LBP7010C/LBP7018C Driver Installation procedure is Quick & Easy and simply involves the execution of some basic Commands on the Terminal Shell emulator.
Canon recommends that when available the CQue Driver should be used as the default product on all Linux systems.
Canon’s CQue is a powerful tool to create and manage Printer Queues for Canon devices on Linux platforms.
CQue Key Features:
- Allows the creation of specific or dedicated printer queues giving access to all the features of the Canon device with just few mouse clicks.
- Create and use a single printer queue with different parameters.
- Manages all the features of Canon devices (paper trays, duplex printing, stapling, paper formats, etc.) as specified by the PPD file.
- Supports advanced features like: mailbox printing, secured printing and printing with department accounting.
- Supports many command line options to fine-tune printing on-line.
- Automatic internal transformation of PS and PDF data to PCL5, or PCL6 (or PDF to PS) through the foomatic engine of Linux.
Finally, this Guide we’ll be valid also for the Next Ubuntu GNU/Linux Releases.
1. Launching Terminal
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Ctrl+Alt+t on Desktop
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
2. Downloading Driver
Download Canon LBP7010C/LBP7018C Ubuntu DriverCanon LBP7010C/LBP7018C CQue Deb Driver
3. GDebi Setup
Checking/Installing GDebi Package Installer:
If Not there then:
sudo apt-get install gdebi gdebi-core
If Got “User is Not in Sudoers file” then see: How to Enable sudo
4. Accessing Target
Changing to the Canon Target Directory:
(When Downloaded with Firefox it may bee instead into the /tmp/mozilla* directory)
Check if the Driver is there:
ls | grep CQue
5. Installing Driver
Now to Install Canon LBP7010C/LBP7018C CQue Driver:
sudo gdebi ./CQue*.deb
6. Installing Printer
Then Open Ubuntu Settings:
Simply Hit ‘Cmd’/’Win’ and Search for ‘Settings’.
And Install Printer on Ubuntu Desktop
Click the ‘Add Printer’ Button:
Tags: canon, canon cque linux, canon cque ubuntu, canon i-sensys ubuntu driver, canon LBP7010C/LBP7018C cque, canon printer, canon printer driver ubuntu, canon printer ubuntu, Getting Started, How-to, Install, install canon printer driver ubuntu, install canon printer ubuntu, install LBP7010C/LBP7018C Driver Ubuntu, install printer ubuntu, LBP7010C/LBP7018C, LBP7010C/LBP7018C Driver Ubuntu, LBP7010C/LBP7018C linux, LBP7010C/LBP7018C printer linux driver, LBP7010C/LBP7018C Setup Ubuntu, LBP7010C/LBP7018C Ubuntu, LBP7010C/LBP7018C Ubuntu Driver, Linux, quickstart