The Guide Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Create a New Application Launcher inside to the Main Menu on Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon Maya Desktop.
The Practical Example Here Illustrated is About Adding the Firefox Nightly Entry inside to the Internet Apps Section Linux Mint.
The Technique is Useful for Adding Any New Software on a Linux Mint 13 Desktop.
- Open a Terminal Window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
- Check if alacarte is there
To Get It Installed:
su -c "apt-get install alacarte"
- Right-Click on Mint Menu >> Edit Menus
Select Main Menu >> System Tools >> Preferences >> Main Menu
- On Main Menu
- Select the Applications Group for the New Laucher
- Select New Item
- Select the Icon
How-to Easy Find/Search Files/Directories/Images on Terminal.Linux How-to Locate Files/Images
- After Complete the Launcher Parameters with Executable Path
Confirm with OK!
- Save the New Created Application Launcher
- Next you can Use the New Launcher
If You Activated a New Category the Logout to Load the New Launcher.
How-to Install Evernote Clone on Linux Mint:
How-to Install Google-Chrome Browser for Linux-Mint: