MythTV Quick-Start for Elementary OS Linux
The Linux Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Getting-Started with MythTV Media Software Center and Digital TV Watching on Elementary OS 0.2-Luna/0.3-Freya/0.4-Loki i386/amd64 Linux+GNU Desktop.
We like to think of MythTV as the Ultimate Digital Video Recorder and Home Media Center hub.
Think of it as a Free and Open Source alternative to Windows Media Center or Tivo.
MythTV Main Features List:
- Watch and record analog and/or digital TV, including HDTV.
- Pause, skip, and rewind live TV shows.
- Completely automatic commercial detection/skipping, with manual correction via an intuitive cutlist editor.
- Intelligently schedules recordings to avoid conflicts.
- Parental controls to keep your kids out of the good shows.
- Watch and archive DVDs.
- Listen to your digital music collection.
- Schedule and administer many functions remotely via a web browser.
- Flexible client/server architecture allows multiple frontend client machines to access content served by one or more backend servers
(although the most common installation consists of a single computer running both the client and server together).
Open Ubuntu Software Center
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Search for “mythtv”
Select & Install the MythTV Frontend Package
If you have a Proprietary Graphics Card driver that needed to be installed
- For Nvidia:
sudo nvidia-glx-config enable
- For ATI:
sudo aticonfig --initial
- For Nvidia:
Find a Compatible USB Digital TV Tuner Card for MythTVMythTV Digital Tuner Card List
Tags: Elementary OS, elementary os install mythtv, Elementary OS linux, elementary os mythtv, elementary os mythtv quickstart, Elementary OS tutorial, elementary os tv watching, Getting Started, gnu, gnu/linux, How-to, install mythtv elementary os, Linux, Linux Tutorial, mythtv, mythtv tutorial, Quick Start, quickstart