MythTV Quick-Start for Linux Mint
The Linux Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Getting-Started with MythTV Media Software Center and Digital TV Watching on Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca i386/amd64 GNU Desktop.
We like to think of MythTV as the Ultimate Digital Video Recorder and Home Media Center hub.
Think of it as a Free and Open Source alternative to Windows Media Center or Tivo.
MythTV Main Features List:
- Watch and record analog and/or digital TV, including HDTV.
- Pause, skip, and rewind live TV shows.
- Completely automatic commercial detection/skipping, with manual correction via an intuitive cutlist editor.
- Intelligently schedules recordings to avoid conflicts.
- Parental controls to keep your kids out of the good shows.
- Watch and archive DVDs.
- Listen to your digital music collection.
- Schedule and administer many functions remotely via a web browser.
- Flexible client/server architecture allows multiple frontend client machines to access content served by one or more backend servers
(although the most common installation consists of a single computer running both the client and server together).
Open a Command Line Terminal Window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Installing MythTv Front End for Linux Mint
sudo apt-get install mythtv-frontend
If Got “User is Not in Sudoers file” then Look: Solution
If you have a Proprietary Graphics Card driver that needed to be installed
sudo nvidia-glx-config enable
sudo aticonfig --initial
- For Nvidia:
Find a Compatible USB Digital TV Tuner Card for MythTVMythTV Digital Tuner Card List
Tags: Getting Started, gnu, gnu/linux, How-to, install mythtv linux mint, Linux, Linux Mint, linux mint 17.1 rebecca, linux mint install mythtv, linux mint linux, linux mint mythtv, linux mint mythtv quickstart, linux mint tutorial, linux mint tv watching, Linux Tutorial, mythtv, mythtv tutorial, Quick Start, quickstart