Canon i-SENSYS LBP5360 Linux Mint Setup
You are Welcome! The Linux Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install the Canon LBP5360 i-SENSYS Printer Driver on Linux Mint 32/64-bit Desktop.
And the Canon LBP5360 Driver Installation procedure is Quick & Easy and simply involves the execution of some basic Commands on the Terminal Shell emulator.
Canon recommends that when available the CQue Driver should be used as the default product on all Linux systems.
Canon’s CQue is a powerful tool to create and manage Printer Queues for Canon devices on Linux platforms.
CQue Key Features:
- Allows the creation of specific or dedicated printer queues giving access to all the features of the Canon device with just few mouse clicks.
- Create and use a single printer queue with different parameters.
- Manages all the features of Canon devices (paper trays, duplex printing, stapling, paper formats, etc.) as specified by the PPD file.
- Supports advanced features like: mailbox printing, secured printing and printing with department accounting.
- Supports many command line options to fine-tune printing on-line.
- Automatic internal transformation of PS and PDF data to PCL5, or PCL6 (or PDF to PS) through the foomatic engine of Linux.
1. Launching Terminal
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
2. Downloading Driver
Download Canon LBP5360 Linux Mint DriverCanon LBP5360 CQue Deb Driver
3. GDebi Setup
Checking/Installing GDebi Package Installer:
If Not there then:
sudo apt-get install gdebi gdebi-core
If Got “User is Not in Sudoers file” then see: How to Enable sudo
4. Accessing Target
Changing to the Canon Target Directory:
(When Downloaded with Firefox it may bee instead into the /tmp/mozilla* directory)
Check if the Driver is there:
ls | grep CQue
5. Installing Driver
Now to Install Canon LBP5360 CQue Driver:
sudo gdebi ./CQue*.deb
6. Adding Printer
Finally, Go to Add Printer
So first Launch Printer Configure App
On Mate/Cinnamon Simply Start Typing ‘printer’
Instead on Gnome follow the Path: Open Settings > Devices > ‘Add Printer’.
Next Choose Add
And Follow with the Wizard’s Setup…
Tags: canon, canon cque linux, canon cque linux mint, canon i-sensys Linux Mint driver, canon LBP5360 cque, canon printer, canon printer driver linux mint, canon printer linux mint, Getting Started, How-to, Install, install canon printer driver linux mint, install canon printer linux mint, install LBP5360 Driver Linux Mint, install printer linux mint, LBP5360, LBP5360 Driver Linux Mint, LBP5360 linux, LBP5360 Linux Mint, LBP5360 Linux Mint Driver, LBP5360 printer linux driver, LBP5360 Setup Linux Mint, Linux, quickstart