Installing Nagios Plugins for CentOS Linux
The Linux Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install the Nagios 4 Plugins on CentOS 32/64bit GNU/Linux.
The Nagios Plugins allow you to monitor hosts, devices, services, protocols, and applications with Nagios.
Furthermore the Nagios Workflow Management Features are:
- Monitoring: IT staff configure Nagios to monitor critical IT infrastructure components
- Alerting: Nagios sends alerts when critical infrastructure components fail and recover
- Response: IT staff can acknowledge alerts and begin resolving outages and investigating security alerts immediately
- Reporting: Reports provide a historical record of outages, events, notifications, and alert response for later review
- Maintenance: Scheduled downtime prevents alerts during scheduled maintenance and upgrade windows
- Planning: Trending and capacity planning graphs and reports allow you to identify necessary infrastructure upgrades before failures occur.
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Start Typing ‘term’ on Desktop.
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
How-to Install Nagios Core for CentOS:Nagios Core Installation
Download Latest Nagios Plugins Linux Source:Nagios Plugins tar.gz Archive
Extracting Nagios Plugins
Or from Command Line:
tar zxvf ~/Downloads/nagios-plugins*.tar.gz -C /tmp/
Compiling and Installing Nagios Plugins on CentOS
./configure --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagios
sudo make install
Tags: CentOS, CentOS Linux, Guide, How-to, install nagios 4 CentOS, install nagios CentOS, install nagios mac, install nagios plugins CentOS, Linux, Linux Tutorial, Mac, nagios, nagios 4, nagios 4 CentOS, nagios CentOS, nagios plugins, network monitoring, network monitoring CentOS, Tutorial