Installing Nagios Plugins for CentOS Linux
You are Welcome! The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install the Nagios 4 Plugins on CentOS 32/64-bit GNU/Linux.
The Nagios Plugins allow you to monitor hosts, devices, services, protocols, and applications with Nagios.
Furthermore, the Nagios Workflow Management Features are:
- Monitoring: IT staff configure Nagios to monitor critical IT infrastructure components
- Alerting: Nagios sends alerts when critical infrastructure components fail and recover
- Response: IT staff can acknowledge alerts and begin resolving outages and investigating security alerts immediately
- Reporting: Reports provide a historical record of outages, events, notifications, and alert response for later review
- Maintenance: Scheduled downtime prevents alerts during scheduled maintenance and upgrade windows
- Planning: Trending and capacity planning graphs and reports allow you to identify necessary infrastructure upgrades before failures occur.
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Start Typing ‘term’ on Desktop.
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
How to Install Nagios Core for CentOSNagios Core Installation
Download Latest Nagios Plugins Linux SourceNagios Plugins tar.gz Archive
Extracting Nagios Plugins
Or from Command Line:
tar zxvf ~/Downloads/nagios-plugins*.tar.gz -C /tmp/
Compiling and Installing Nagios Plugins on CentOS
./configure --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagios
sudo make install
Tags: CentOS, CentOS Linux, Guide, How-to, install nagios 4 CentOS, install nagios CentOS, install nagios mac, install nagios plugins CentOS, Linux, Linux Tutorial, Mac, nagios, nagios 4, nagios 4 CentOS, nagios CentOS, nagios plugins, network monitoring, network monitoring CentOS, Tutorial