Audacity Quick-Start for Linux Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety
The Linux Tutorial Shows You How-to Install and Getting-Started with Audacity Audio Editor and Recorder on Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety i386/amd64 GNU/Linux Desktop.
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems.
Audacity Main Features List:
- Record live audio.
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Numerous effects including change the speed or pitch of a recording.
Open a Terminal Shell emulator window
Ctrl+Alt+t on Desktop
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
To Install the Current Release Setup Audacity PPA:Audacity Daily PPA Setup
Installing Audacity on Linux Ubuntu
sudo su -c "apt install audacity"
Tags: audacity, audacity audio editor, audacity audio recorder, audacity recorder, audacity ubuntu, audio editor ubuntu, audio recorder ubuntu, install audacity ubuntu, Linux, Linux Tutorial, Linux Ubuntu, Linux Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety, linux Ubuntu audio editor, linux Ubuntu audio recorder, linux Ubuntu software, Ubuntu