The New Users are often faced with the Necessity to Change Illustrator Background Color and also if trying to look everywhere inside the Illustrator’s Menu they don’t find a Solution. After googling around they find the Documented Adobe technique to make a Paper Simulated Background they make their changes and after when trying to Fill or Stroke with Whitish they find it isn’t a true Solution.
So here is the Solution to Make a Trully Simulated Background where you can Perfectly Perceive also White Strokes and Fills:
- Create a New Layer and Place it Below all others
- Select the Rectangle Tool
- Set the Rectangle-Background’s Color
- Draw a Rectangle larger than your Document size
- Lock your New Layer so it will not Interfere with your Work
Now you are Free to Stroke and Fill also with Whitish Colors ;)