Install MongoDB on Linux Mint 16 Petra 32/64-bit
The Guide Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Quick Start on the Latest MongoDB NoSQL Database Community Edition Release for Linux Mint 16 Petra Mate/Cinnamon/Kde/Xfce i386/amd64 Desktop.
MongoDB (from “humongous”) is an Open-Source Document Database written in C++, and the leading NoSQL database.
MongoDB Database Features:
- Document-Oriented Storage >> JSON-style documents with dynamic schemas offer simplicity and power.
- Full Index Support >> Index on any attribute, just like you’re used to.
- Replication & High Availability >> Mirror across LANs and WANs for scale and peace of mind.
- Auto-Sharding >> Scale horizontally without compromising functionality.
- Querying >> Rich, document-based queries.
- Fast In-Place Updates >> Atomic modifiers for contention-free performance.
- Map/Reduce >> Flexible aggregation and data processing.
- GridFS >> Store files of any size without complicating your stack.
- Professional Support by MongoDB >> Enterprise class support, training, and consulting available.
The Contents and Details of MongoDB Installation for Linux Mint 16 Petra are Expressly Essentials to Give Focus Only to the Essentials Instructions and Commands and Make the Tutorial Easier to Read and Digest ;)
- Open a Terminal Window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
SetUp Apt Repo for Latest MongoDB Installation:MongoDB Apt Repo Setup
- Installing the MongoDB Database for Linux Mint
sudo apt-get install -y mongodb-org
With this you get Installed the MongoDB Community Edition…
MongoDB Quick Start:MongoDB First Steps
How-to Getting-Started with Redis In-Memory DB for Linux Mint: