July 14, 2014 | By the+gnu+linux+evangelist.
Install CentOS 7 GNOME Desktop on Parallels Desktop 9
The Tutorial shows you Visually and Step-by-Step How to Install CentOS 7 GNOME 3 Linux Desktop on Parallels Desktop 9 for macOS.
CentOS 7 New Features:
- Kernel updated to 3.10.0
- Support for Linux Containers
- Open VMware Tools and 3D graphics drivers out of the box
- OpenJDK-7 as default JDK
- In Place Upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0 (as already mentioned)
- LVM-snapshots with ext4 and XFS
- Switch to systemd, firewalld and GRUB2
- XFS as default file system
- iSCSI and FCoE in kernel space
- Support for PTPv2
- Support for 40G Ethernet Cards
- Supports installations in UEFI Secure Boot mode on compatible hardware
Download CentOS 7 GNOME Live Desktop
Create a New Virtual Machine.
File >> New.
Select Install from Image File.
If Not Auto-Located then:
Click On “Locate Manually” Button.
Then Drag and Drop the CentOS 7 ISO!
Launch CentOS GNOME3 Live.
Double-Click on “Install to Hard Drive” on Desktop.
Select the Language
Set the Installation Destination
Re-Select the Hard Drive and Possibly Make a Custom Partitioning…
Begin the Installation
Set the Root Password
Create a User
Quit to Reboot
Login into CentOS GNOME 3 Desktop
Enjoy your New CentOS 7 GNOME Desktop
How to Install Parallels Tools for CentOS
Parallels Tools Installation Guide