Android Studio IDE Quick Start for Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela
You are Welcome! The Tutorial shows you Step-by-Step How to Install and Getting-Started on Android SDK with Android Studio IDE for Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela i386/amd64 Mate/Cinnamon/KDE/Xfce Desktop.
The Android Studio is the Official IDE for Android Application Development, based on IntelliJ IDEA.
Android Studio IDE main Features list:
- Flexible Gradle-based build system
- Build variants and multiple apk file generation
- Code templates to help you build common app features
- Rich layout editor with support for drag and drop theme editing
- Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility, and other problems
- ProGuard and app-signing capabilities
- Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine
Download Android Studio IDE for Linux MintAndroid Studio IDE tar.gz Linux
Double-Click on Android Archive
Extract into /tmp
Open a Command Line Console Terminal Window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
How to Install Required Oracle Java JDK on Linux MintInstall Oracle JDK for Linux Mint
Relocate Android Studio IDE
sudo su -c "chown -R root:root /tmp/android-studio && mv /tmp/android-studio /opt"
Make a Symlink for Quick Starting Android Studio:
sudo ln -s /opt/android-studio/bin/studio.sh /usr/local/bin/android-studio
Getting-Started with Android App DevelopmentAndroid Studio Quick Start Guide