Repairing Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa LTS
You are Welcome! The Tutorial shows you Step-by-Step How to Recover/Fix/Restore a Broken Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa LTS i386/amd64 Mate/Cinnamon/KDE/Xfce Broken System.
Especially relevant: this Linux Mint Reparation workflow is working also in case of an “input/output”, “fatal error” and error (2) Issues!
Finally, this is the Ultimate Procedure to try to get Recovered your Linux Mint system from a severe Issue.
As First-Aid Try a Simple Reparation of Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa.
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
- And Execute the Commands:
sudo su -c "apt-get update"
sudo su -c "dpkg --configure -a"
sudo su -c "apt-get -f install"
Then you have to Make Sure that the Hard Drive isn’t Corrupted.
If Mint Non Bootable Go to Next Step!
- Make sure that All the Drives on /etc/fstab are Connected
- Reboot Linux Mint
- On Grub Boot Splash Screen Select “Advanced Options”
- Then “Boot in Recovery Mode“
- Select “Repair Broken Packages“
- Look at the Output of the Drivers Check-Up Containing “blocks”
If No Errors are Shown then Your Hard Drive should be still Healty…
- If the Issue is still Not Solved then Look to the Next Step
How to Fix Disk Errors Even if Mint Non BootableRestoring Mint Disk
How to Manually Repair an Linux Mint Broken System
Linux Mint Manually Recovering
The Linked Guide shows you Step-by-Step How to Manually Recovering an Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Tahr LTS with Broken Packages.