Android Studio IDE Quick Start for Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Linux
You are Welcome! The Tutorial shows you Step-by-Step How to Install and Getting-Started on Android SDK with Android Studio IDE for Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus LTS i386/amd64 GNU/Linux Desktop.
The Android Studio is the Official IDE for Android Application Development, based on IntelliJ IDEA.
Especially relevant: Android App Development Requires a working Oracle Java JDK Installation.
Android Studio IDE main Features list:
- Flexible Gradle-based build system
- Build variants and multiple apk file generation
- Code templates to help you build common app features
- Rich layout editor with support for drag and drop theme editing
- Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility, and other problems
- ProGuard and app-signing capabilities
- Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine
Download Android Studio IDE for Xubuntu LinuxAndroid Studio IDE tar.gz Linux
Double-Click on Android Archive
Extract into /tmp
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Installing Required Packages for 64-bit Systems.
sudo apt-get install lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32stdc++6
How to Install Required Oracle Java JDK 8 on UbuntuInstall Oracle JDK 8 for Ubuntu
Relocate Android Studio IDE
For a System wide installation we Set the superUser as Holder
sudo chown -R root:root /tmp/android-studio
If Got “User is Not in Sudoers file” then see: How to Enable sudo
Then Move the Android Studio contents into the /opt Directory
sudo mv /tmp/android-studio /opt/
Making the Android SDK Tools Command-line Accessible
Amend the User’s Path like:
Ctrl+x to Save & Exit from nano editor :)
Getting-Started with Android App DevelopmentAndroid Studio Quick Start Guide