Kodi Quick-Start for OpenSUSE 13.x
Hello OpenSUSE User! This Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install and Getting-Started with the Latest Kodi 17 Krypton on OpenSUSE 13.x 32/64bit GNU/Linux Desktop.
Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more.
Kodi Features at a Glance:
- Music: Kodi can play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats.
- Movies: Kodi can do movies on all the main video formats and sources, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM.
- TV Shows: The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors.
- Pictures: Import pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
- PVR and Live TV: Kodi allows you to watch and record live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
- Add-ons: Take Kodi to a whole new level with the vast selection of community created add-ons that are available though our repositories.
- Skin: Kodi allows you to completely change the whole GUI.
- UPnP: With UPnP compatibility you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease
- Web Interfaces: Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface.
- Remote Controls: With support for hundreds of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps, Kodi allows you to control your media your way.
Open Console Terminal Shell emulator window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
How-to Add the Kodi OpenSUSE RepositoryEnabling Kodi Zypper Repo
Installing Kodi for OpenSUSE
sudo zypper in kodi
Tags: Getting Started, gnu/linux, gnu/linux tutorial, Guide, How-to, How-to Linux, How-to OpenSUSE, install Kodi OpenSUSE, Kodi OpenSUSE, Kodi quickstart OpenSUSE, Linux, Linux Tutorial, OpenSUSE, opensuse 13.x, OpenSUSE gnu/linux, opensuse linux, OpenSUSE quickstart, opensuse tutorial, quickstart