Installing Nagios Plugins for Fedora Linux
The Linux Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install the Nagios 4 Plugins on Fedora 32/64-bit GNU/Linux.
The Nagios Plugins allow you to monitor hosts, devices, services, protocols, and applications with Nagios.
Furthermore the Nagios Workflow Management Features are:
- Monitoring: IT staff configure Nagios to monitor critical IT infrastructure components
- Alerting: Nagios sends alerts when critical infrastructure components fail and recover
- Response: IT staff can acknowledge alerts and begin resolving outages and investigating security alerts immediately
- Reporting: Reports provide a historical record of outages, events, notifications, and alert response for later review
- Maintenance: Scheduled downtime prevents alerts during scheduled maintenance and upgrade windows
- Planning: Trending and capacity planning graphs and reports allow you to identify necessary infrastructure upgrades before failures occur.
How-to Install Nagios Core for Fedora:Nagios Core Installation
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Start Typing ‘term’ on Desktop.
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Download Latest Nagios Plugins Linux Source:Nagios Plugins tar.gz Archive
Extracting Nagios Plugins
Or from Command Line:
tar zxvf ~/Downloads/nagios-plugins*.tar.gz -C /tmp/
Compiling and Installing Nagios Plugins on Fedora
./configure --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagios
sudo make install
Tags: Fedora, fedora linux, Guide, How-to, install nagios 4 Fedora, install nagios Fedora, install nagios mac, install nagios plugins Fedora, Linux, Linux Tutorial, Mac, nagios, nagios 4, nagios 4 Fedora, nagios Fedora, nagios plugins, network monitoring, network monitoring Fedora, Tutorial