Install Google-Earth on Kubuntu
Hello Kubuntu User! The Linux Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install and Getting-Started with the Google-Earth App on Kubuntu 64-bit GNU/Linux Desktop.
And with Google-Earth App for Desktop you can View satellite Imagery, Maps, Terrain, 3D Buildings, Galaxies far in space, and the deepest Depths of the Ocean.
Finally, the Google Earth features are:
- Explore rich geographical content
- Zoom from outer space to street level
- Search for business locations
- Visualize your GPS tracks and share with others
- Fly around cities (or the whole world) in 3D
- Go back in time with historical imagery
- Dive beneath the surface of the ocean
Download Google-Earth App for Kubuntu LinuxGoogle-Earth .rpm 64-bit Package
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Start Typing ‘term’ on Desktop.
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Checking/Installing GDebi Package Installer
If Not there then:
sudo su -c "apt install gdebi"
If Got “User is Not in Sudoers file” then see: How to Enable sudo
Access the Target location
(Usually Downloads go in the Home folder or the Temporary directory /tmp)
Or when downloaded with Firefox maybe:
To Verify that it’s there List the contents with:
Earth Package Installation
sudo gdebi ./google-earth*.deb
Google Earth Quick Start TutorialsGoogle-Earth Tuts
Launch & Enjoy Google-Earth on Kubuntu ;)