Android Studio Quick Start for PCLinuxOS
Hello PCLinuxOS User! The Linux Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install Android Studio on PCLinuxOS i386/amd64 GNU/Linux Desktop.
Especially relevant: Android App Development Requires a working Oracle Java JDK Installation.
So Android Studio is an IntelliJ IDEA based Development Environment with this Features:
- Gradle-based build support.
- Android-specific refactoring and quick fixes.
- Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility and other problems.
- ProGuard and app-signing capabilities.
- Template-based wizards to create common Android designs and components.
- A rich layout editor that allows you to drag-and-drop UI components, preview layouts on multiple screen configurations, and much more.
- Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine as server-side components.
Finally, on the PCLinuxOS Android Studio IDE Installation Guide Bottom Link to Android App Hello World on Android Studio.
- Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Download Android Studio IDE IntelliJ for LinuxAndroid Studio IDE Linux .tgz
Then Double-Click on Archive and Extract into /tmp.
Of from Shell:
unzip -d /tmp/ ~/Downloads/android-studio*.zip
How to Install Required Oracle Java JDK on PCLinuxOSInstall Oracle JDK for PCLinuxOS
Relocate Android Studio IDE
First Set the SuperUser as Owner:
sudo chown -R root:root /tmp/android-studio
And Switch the contents:
sudo mv /tmp/android-studio /opt/
Make a Symlink for Quick Starting Android Studio:
sudo ln -s /opt/android-studio/bin/studio.sh /usr/local/bin/android-studio
Finally, to Start Android Studio IDE
An Android Studio App’s Launcher is created over First Configuration…
Quick-Start with Android Apps on Android Studio:Android Studio App Hello-World