Install Flatpak Oracle 7 Linux
Hello CentOS User! This Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install Flatpak Oracle 7 GNU/Linux.
First of all Flatpak is a technology for Building, Distributing, Installing and Running Linux Apps.
And Flatpak is primarily targeted at the Linux Desktop, although it can also be used as the basis for application distribution in other contexts, such as embedded systems.
Finally Flatpak has been designed and implemented with a number of Goals:
- Allow applications to be installed on any Linux distribution.
- Provide consistent environments for applications, to facilitate testing and reduce bugs.
- Decouple applications from the operating system, so that applications don’t depend on specific versions of each distribution.
- Allow applications to bundle their own Dependencies, so that they can use libraries that aren’t provided by a Linux distribution, and so they can depend on specific versions or even patched versions of a library.
- Increase the security of Linux desktops, by isolating applications in sandboxes.
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Download Flatpak EPEL 7 RepositoryFlatpak EPEL 7
Right-Click on Repo & Save as…
Then Relocate the Flatpak Repo
sudo mv amigadave-flatpak-epel7.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/
Finally Install Flatpak for Oracle 7
sudo yum install flatpak
How to Getting-Started Searching & Installing Flatpak AppsFlatpak Apps Installation Quick-Start Guide