Install Vagrant Kubuntu 16.04
Hello Kubuntu User! The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install Vagrant on Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial LTS GNU/Linux.
And Vagrant for Kubuntu 16.04 is a Tool that Makes it Easier to Run and Manage Virtual Machines on your computer.
Especially relevant: by Default Vagrant Works only with VirtualBox VMs, to get it Working with VMware or other Hypervisor you have to Install a Paid Plugin.
Furthermore, to Get Installed right the Latest Vagrant Release for Kubuntu we Provide Directly to the Download from the Vagrant WebSite.
Finally, the Vagrant main Features are:
- Makes a VM with an OS of your choice
- Changes the Settings of a VM (e.g., RAM, number of CPUs, etc.)
- Settles Network Interfaces to access a VM from outside
- Etablishes Shared Folders to exchange with your computer
- Defines the Hostname of a VM
- Provides Software for the VM by shell scripts or configuration management solutions
- Operates specific Tweakings on hosts and guests
- SSH into a VM from you computer
- Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Start Typing ‘term’ on Desktop.
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Download Latest Vagrant for Debian LinuxLatest Vagrant .deb 32/64-bit
Check/Install GDebi Package Installer
If not there then:
sudo apt install gdebi-core gdebi
If Got “User is Not in Sudoers file” then see: How to Enable sudo
Access the Target location
(Usually Downloads go in the Home folder or when Downloaded with Firefox may be into the Temporary directory /tmp/mozilla*)
Or when downloaded with Firefox maybe:
To Verify that it’s there List the contents with:
Vagrant Installation on Kubuntu
sudo gdebi ./vagrant*.deb
Finally, Test Vagrant Installation
But in case of Vagrant Help Ruby Gems Issue Fix with:
sudo vagrant plugin install vagrant-share --plugin-version 1.1.8
How to Install Required Oracle VirtualBox on KubuntuOracle VirtualBox Installation
How to Getting-Started with Vagrant VMs ManagementVagrant Getting-Started Guide
Tags: gnu/linux, How-to, install vagrant Kubuntu, install vagrant Kubuntu 16.04, Kubuntu, Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial LTS, Kubuntu linux, vagrant, vagrant Kubuntu, vagrant Kubuntu 16.04, vagrant quickstart Kubuntu, virtual machine cli, virtual machine management Kubuntu, virtual machine ssh