Install Vagrant Kubuntu 16.04
Hello Kubuntu User! The Tutorial shows you Step-by-Step How to Install Vagrant on Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial LTS GNU/Linux.
And Vagrant for Kubuntu 16.04 is a Tool that Makes it Easier to Run and Manage Virtual Machines on your computer.
Especially relevant: by Default Vagrant Works only with VirtualBox VMs, to get it Working with VMware or other Hypervisor you have to Install a Paid Plugin.
Moreover, to Get Installed right the Latest Vagrant Release for Kubuntu we Provide Directly to the Download from the Vagrant WebSite.
Finally, the Vagrant main Features are:
- Makes a VM with an OS of your choice
- Changes the Settings of a VM (e.g., RAM, number of CPUs, etc.)
- Settles Network Interfaces to access a VM from outside
- Etablishes Shared Folders to exchange with your computer
- Defines the Hostname of a VM
- Provides Software for the VM by shell scripts or configuration management solutions
- Operates specific Tweakings on hosts and guests
- SSH into a VM from you computer
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Start Typing ‘term’ on Desktop.
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Download Latest Vagrant for DebianLatest Vagrant .deb 32/64-bit
Check/Install GDebi Package Installer.
If not there then:
sudo apt install gdebi-core gdebi
If Got “User is Not in Sudoers file” then see: How to Enable sudo
Access the Target location
(Usually Downloads go in the Home folder or when Downloaded with Firefox may be into the Temporary directory /tmp/mozilla*)
Or when downloaded with Firefox maybe:
To Verify that it’s there List the contents with:
Vagrant Installation on Kubuntu.
sudo gdebi ./vagrant*.deb
Finally, Test Vagrant Installation.
But in case of Vagrant Help Ruby Gems Issue Fix with:
sudo vagrant plugin install vagrant-share --plugin-version 1.1.8
How to Install Required Oracle VirtualBox on KubuntuOracle VirtualBox Installation
How to Getting-Started with Vagrant VMs ManagementVagrant Getting-Started Guide