Install Flatpak Elementary OS Loki 0.4
Hello Elementary OS User! This Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How-to Install Flatpak Elementary OS Loki 0.4 GNU/Linux.
First of all Flatpak for Elementary OS is a technology for Building, Distributing, Installing and Running Linux Apps.
And Flatpak is primarily targeted at the Linux Desktop, although it can also be used as the basis for application distribution in other contexts, such as embedded systems.
Finally Flatpak has been designed and implemented with a number of Goals:
- Allow applications to be installed on any Linux distribution.
- Provide consistent environments for applications, to facilitate testing and reduce bugs.
- Decouple applications from the operating system, so that applications don’t depend on specific versions of each distribution.
- Allow applications to bundle their own Dependencies, so that they can use libraries that aren’t provided by a Linux distribution, and so they can depend on specific versions or even patched versions of a library.
- Increase the security of Linux desktops, by isolating applications in sandboxes.
Especially Relevant: Flatpak is already on the Elementary OS Repo, but it’s Recommended to Get Installed the Latest Version as shown here Below.
Open a Terminal Shell emulator window
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Search into Apps.
Then Add Flatpak Elementary OS PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak
sudo apt update
Finally Install Flatpak
sudo apt install flatpak
How to Getting-Started Searching & Installing Flatpak AppsFlatpak Apps Installation Quick-Start Guide
Tags: Flatpak Elementary OS 0.4, Flatpak Elementary OS 0.4 Install, Flatpak Elementary OS 0.4 Installation, Flatpak Elementary OS Loki, Flatpak Elementary OS Loki Install, Flatpak Elementary OS Loki Installation, Flatpak Install Elementary OS 0.4, Flatpak Install Elementary OS Loki, Install Flatpak Elementary OS 0.4, Install Flatpak Elementary OS Loki