Install Discord Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial
You are Welcome! The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install Discord in Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial LTS GNU/Linux.
And Discord for Ubuntu Xenial is an All-in-one Voice and Text Chat for gamers that’s Free, Secure, and works on both your Desktop and Phone.
Furthermore, the Discord Best Features are:
- It’s always completely free to use with no gotchas
- Encrypted server to client communication keeps your IP address safe
- Mobile App to use while on the go
- Share images, videos and links
- Minimal impact with your CPU while Gaming
- Very quick setup time
- Robust permissions and multiple channels
- Latest tech for crystal clear audio
- Friends messaging outside server
- Allow see who’s talking while in action
Finally, this Easy and Detailed Guide it’s especially suitable for Ubuntu GNU/Linux Beginners.
1. Launching Terminal
Open a Terminal window
Ctrl+Alt+t on Desktop
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
2. Updating Software Sources
Then to Update Apt Repositories
sudo apt update
3. Downloading Discord
Download Discord for Ubuntu GNU/LinuxGet Discord for Ubuntu
On Firefox prompt if possible Select directly “Open with Ubuntu Software Center”!
Or with Chrome Click on Bottom’s Button, otherwise Double-Click on it in the File Manager…
4. Installing Discord on Ubuntu
Next follow with Ubuntu Discord Installation
Click on “Install”:
Then Authenticate with your Admin Password to Start the Installation process:
In a Short Time the Software should be Successfully Installed!
5. Launching Discord on Ubuntu Desktop
Finally, Launch & Enjoy Discord in Ubuntu
Uses the Keyboard Shortcut “Cmd”/”Win” or the Bottom Left Corner like here below
Create Account and Login…
So Now I’m truly Happy if My Guide could Help You to Install Discord Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial!