Install Kodi Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic
Hello Kubuntu User! The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install and Getting-Started with Latest Kodi 18 Leia on Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic LTS 32/64-bit GNU/Linux Desktop.
And Kodi for Kubuntu 18.04 (formerly known as XBMC) is an Award-Winning Free and Open Source (GPL) Software Media Center for Executing Videos, Music, Pictures, Games, and more.
Most Noteworthy about Kodi Nightly Builds: Since only Bug Fixes are going in right now, nightly builds are As Stable (if not more so) As Beta Builds.
Finally, here are the Kodi Features at a Glance:
- Music: Kodi can play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats.
- Movies: Kodi can Execute All the Main Video Formats, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM.
- TV Shows: The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors.
- Photos: Import Pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
- PVR and Live TV: Kodi allows you to Watch and Record Live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
- Add-ons: Take Kodi to a whole new level with the vast selection of community created add-ons that are available though our repositories.
- Skin: Kodi allows you to completely Change the whole GUI.
- UPnP: With UPnP compatibility you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease
- Web Interfaces: Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface.
- Remote Controls: With support for hundreds of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps, Kodi allows you to control your media your way.
- Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Start Typing ‘term’ on Desktop.
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Enable the Kodi Kubuntu PPA RepositoryEnabled Kodi Kubuntu PPA
Follow instructions to Setup the Nightly Channel.
Installing Kodi for Linux Kubuntu
sudo apt install kodi
If you find an Issue about missing libnfs8 the Find Solution in Linked Guide.
How to Install libnfs8 on Kubuntu 18.04+Installing libnfs8 Guide
Finally, Launch & Enjoy Kodi!
Or Better make Use of the Desktop Launcher…
Tags: install kodi Kubuntu 18.04, install kodi Kubuntu Xenial, install Kubuntu 18.04 kodi, install Kubuntu Xenial kodi, kodi install Kubuntu 18.04, kodi install Kubuntu Xenial, kodi Kubuntu 18.04, kodi Kubuntu 18.04 install, kodi Kubuntu 18.04 installation, kodi Kubuntu 18.04 setup, kodi Kubuntu Xenial, kodi Kubuntu Xenial install, kodi Kubuntu Xenial installation, kodi Kubuntu Xenial setup, kodi setup Kubuntu 18.04, kodi setup Kubuntu Xenial, Kubuntu, Kubuntu 18.04 install kodi, Kubuntu 18.04 kodi, Kubuntu 18.04 kodi install, Kubuntu 18.04 kodi setup, Kubuntu gnu/linux, Kubuntu install 18.04 kodi, Kubuntu install Xenial kodi, Kubuntu linux, Kubuntu tutorial, Kubuntu Xenial install kodi, Kubuntu Xenial kodi, Kubuntu Xenial kodi install, Kubuntu Xenial kodi setup, Linux, Linux Tutorial