Install Kodi Xubuntu 17.04 Zesty
Hello Xubuntu User! The Tutorial shows you Step-by-Step How to Install and Getting-Started with the Latest Kodi 19 Matrix on Xubuntu 17.04 Zesty GNU/Linux Desktop.
And Kodi for Xubuntu 17.04 (formerly known as XBMC) is an Award-Winning Free and Open Source (GPL) Software Media Center for Executing Videos, Music, Pictures, Games, and more.
Most Noteworthy about Kodi Nightly Builds: Since only Bug Fixes are going in right now, nightly builds are As Stable (if not more so) As Beta Builds.
Finally, here are the Kodi Features at a Glance:
- Music: Kodi can play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats.
- Movies: Kodi can Execute All the Main Video Formats, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM.
- TV Shows: The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors.
- Photos: Import Pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
- PVR and Live TV: Kodi allows you to Watch and Record Live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
- Add-ons: Take Kodi to a whole new level with the vast selection of community created add-ons that are available though our repositories.
- Skin: Kodi allows you to completely Change the whole GUI.
- UPnP: With UPnP compatibility you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease
- Web Interfaces: Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface.
- Remote Controls: With support for hundreds of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps, Kodi allows you to control your media your way.
Open a Shell Terminal emulator window
Ctrl+Alt+t on desktop
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Enable the Kodi Xubuntu PPA RepositoryEnabled Kodi Xubuntu PPA
Follow instructions to Setup the Nightly Channel.
Installing Kodi for Linux Xubuntu.
sudo apt install kodi
Finally, Launch & Enjoy Kodi!
Or Better make Use of the Desktop Launcher…
Tags: install kodi Xubuntu 17.04, install kodi Xubuntu Zesty, install Xubuntu 17.04 kodi, install Xubuntu Zesty kodi, kodi install Xubuntu 17.04, kodi install Xubuntu Zesty, kodi setup Xubuntu 17.04, kodi setup Xubuntu Zesty, kodi Xubuntu 17.04, kodi Xubuntu 17.04 install, kodi Xubuntu 17.04 installation, kodi Xubuntu 17.04 setup, kodi Xubuntu Zesty, kodi Xubuntu Zesty install, kodi Xubuntu Zesty installation, kodi Xubuntu Zesty setup, Linux, Linux Tutorial, Xubuntu, Xubuntu 17.04 install kodi, Xubuntu 17.04 kodi, Xubuntu 17.04 kodi install, Xubuntu 17.04 kodi setup, Xubuntu gnu/linux, Xubuntu install 17.04 kodi, Xubuntu install Zesty kodi, xubuntu linux, Xubuntu tutorial, Xubuntu Zesty install kodi, Xubuntu Zesty kodi, Xubuntu Zesty kodi install, Xubuntu Zesty kodi setup