GNU/Linux Ubuntu 16.04 Install Rclone Browser – Quick-Start Guide
Hi! The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install Rclone Browser in Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial LTS GNU/Linux.
And Rclone Browser for Ubuntu Xenial is a Simple and Open Source GUI for Rclone Command Line Tool.
Especially relevant is how Rclone Browser is supporting All the major Computing Platforms: GNU/Linux, BSD, macOS and Windows.
The Rclone Browser Features list:
- Allows to browse and modify any rclone remote, including encrypted ones
- Uses same configuration file as rclone, no extra configuration required
- Supports custom location and encryption for rclone.conf configuration file
- Simultaneously navigate multiple repositories in separate tabs
- Lists files hierarchically with file name, size and modify date
- All rclone commands are executed asynchronously, no freezing GUI
- File hierarchy is lazily cached in memory, for faster traversal of folders
- Allows to upload, download, create new folders, rename or delete files and folders
- Allows calculating size of folder, export list of files and copy rclone command to clipboard
- Can process multiple upload or download jobs in background
- Drag & drop support for dragging files from local file explorer for uploading
- Streaming media files for playback in player like vlc or similar
- Mount and unmount folders on macOS, GNU/Linux and Windows (for Windows requires winfsp and for mac fuse for macOS)
- Optionally minimizes to tray, with notifications when upload/download finishes
- Supports portable mode (create .ini file next to executable with same name), rclone and rclone.conf path now can be relative to executable
- Supports drive-shared-with-me (Google Drive specific)
- For remotes supporting public link sharing has an option (right-click menu) to fetch it
- Supports tasks. Created jobs can be saved and run or edited later.
- Configurable dark mode for all systems
Finally, this guide includes detailed instructions about to Getting-Started with Rclone Browser on Ubuntu.
1. Launching Shell Emulator
Open a Terminal window
Ctrl+Alt+t on Desktop
(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
2. Installing AppImageLauncher
How to Install AppImageLauncher in UbuntuAppImageLauncher Ubuntu Setup Guide
The Setup grant the AppImages integration but is Not Required because you can simply Grab and Run the AppImage as is.
Tags: Install Rclone Browser Ubuntu, Install Rclone Browser Ubuntu 16.04, Install Rclone Browser Ubuntu Xenial, install rclone ubuntu, install rclone ubuntu 16.04, install rclone ubuntu Xenial, Rclone Browser Install Ubuntu, Rclone Browser Install Ubuntu 16.04, Rclone Browser Install Ubuntu Xenial, Rclone Browser Ubuntu, Rclone Browser Ubuntu 16.04, Rclone Browser Ubuntu 16.04 Install, Rclone Browser Ubuntu 16.04 Installation, Rclone Browser Ubuntu 16.04 Setup, Rclone Browser Ubuntu Install, Rclone Browser Ubuntu Installation, Rclone Browser Ubuntu Setup, Rclone Browser Ubuntu Xenial, Rclone Browser Ubuntu Xenial Install, Rclone Browser Ubuntu Xenial Installation, Rclone Browser Ubuntu Xenial Setup, Rclone Install Ubuntu, Rclone Install Ubuntu 16.04, Rclone Install Ubuntu Xenial, rclone ubuntu, rclone ubuntu 16.04, Rclone Ubuntu 16.04 Install, rclone ubuntu 16.04 installation, rclone ubuntu 16.04 setup, Rclone Ubuntu Install, rclone ubuntu installation, rclone ubuntu setup, rclone ubuntu Xenial, Rclone Ubuntu Xenial Install, rclone ubuntu Xenial installation, rclone ubuntu Xenial setup, Setup Rclone Browser Ubuntu, Setup Rclone Browser Ubuntu 16.04, Setup Rclone Browser Ubuntu Xenial, Setup Rclone Ubuntu, Setup Rclone Ubuntu 16.04, Setup Rclone Ubuntu Xenial, ubuntu install rclone, Ubuntu Install Rclone Browser, ubuntu rclone, Ubuntu Rclone Browser, Ubuntu Rclone Browser Installation, Ubuntu Rclone Browser Setup, Ubuntu Rclone Installation, Ubuntu Rclone Setup