Apache Tomcat 9 Manager App Quick Start on Linux-Unix
Hi! The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-step How to Enable Apache Tomcat 9 Manager App and Deploy a Servlet on Linux/Unix.
And the Tomcat 9 Manager App Enables you to:
- Deploy a new web application from the uploaded contents of a WAR file.
- Deploy a new web application, on a specified context path, from the server file system.
- List the currently deployed web applications, as well as the sessions that are currently active for those web apps.
- Reload an existing web application, to reflect changes in the contents of /WEB-INF/classes or /WEB-INF/lib.
- List the OS and JVM property values.
- List the available global JNDI resources, for use in deployment tools that are preparing elements nested in a deployment description.
- Start a stopped application (thus making it available again).
- Stop an existing application (so that it becomes unavailable), but do not undeploy it.
- Undeploy a deployed web application and delete its document base directory (unless it was deployed from file system).
Especially relevant: to Getting-Started with Apache Tomcat 9 Server is Best Provide Directly to Download and Install the Official Tomcat 9 Distribution.
1. Accessing Shell
Open a Shell Session(Press “Enter” to Execute Commands)
Login the Server or Drop a Terminal Window: