GNU/Linux Debian Buster Installing Nagios 4 – Quick-Start Guide
Hi! The Tutorial Shows You Step-by-Step How to Install Nagios 4.x in GNU/Linux Debian Buster 10.x Desktops.
And Nagios 4 for Debian Buster is a Powerful Monitoring System that enables Organizations to Identify and Resolve IT Infrastructure Problems before they affect Critical Business Processes.
Furthermore, the Nagios Workflow Management Features are:
- Monitoring: IT staff configure Nagios to monitor critical IT infrastructure components
- Alerting: Nagios sends alerts when critical infrastructure components fail and recover
- Response: IT staff can acknowledge alerts and begin resolving outages and investigating security alerts immediately
- Reporting: Reports provide a historical record of outages, events, notifications, and alert response for later review
- Maintenance: Scheduled downtime prevents alerts during scheduled maintenance and upgrade windows
- Planning: Trending and capacity planning graphs and reports allow you to identify necessary infrastructure upgrades before failures occur.
Finally, this guide includes detailed instructions about to Getting-Started with Nagios 4 on Debian.
1. Updating Repository
How-to Quick-Start with Command Line on Linux DebianCommand Line Linux Debian QuickStart Guide
First, Update the Apt Repo Sources with:
sudo apt updateAuthenticate with the User Admin Pass.
If Got “User is Not in Sudoers file” then see: How to Enable sudo.