GNU/Linux openSUSE Installing Erlang – Quick-Start Guide
You Are Welcome! The Tutorial shows you Step-by-Step How to Install Erlang BEAM Virtual Machine in openSUSE GNU/Linux Desktop.
Erlang is a Programming Language used to build massively scalable Soft Real-Time Systems with requirements on High Availability.
Some of its uses are in Telecoms, Banking, e-Commerce, Computer Telephony and instant Messaging.
But Erlang is much more than a Programming Language. It’s a full-blown Development Platform consisting of four distinct parts: the Language, the Virtual Machine, the Framework, and the Tools.
Erlang’s Runtime system has built-in support for Concurrency, Distribution and Fault Tolerance.
Some of Erlang main Features are:
- Clear declarative syntax and is largely free from side-effects
- Built-in support for real-time, concurrent and distributed programming
- Designed for development of robust and continuously operated programs
- Dynamic code replacement at runtime
Again Erlang distribution also includes OTP (Open Telecom Platform) which provides a rich set of Libraries and Apps.
Finally, this guide includes detailed instructions about to Getting-Started with Erlang on openSUSE.
1. Terminal Getting-Started Guide
How to Quick-Start with Command Line on openSUSE GNU/Linux:Console openSUSE QuickStart Guide