In Mac OSX Leopard Postfix Mail Server should be already installed but just to check:
Look it give you an output…
Next you need to apply some Settings:
1. Edit the MAILSERVER=-NO- line in /etc/hostconfig. Change it to read MAILSERVER=-YES-. Save and exit the file.
2. Open up /etc/postfix/main.cf, and edit these lines to reflect your setup. These are examples from my setup; yours might be different.
- myhostname = localhost
- myorigin = thesmtpserveriwanttogetareply
- mydomain = smtpserverdomainextension
- inet_interfaces = all
- mydestination = localhost
- mynetworks_style = subnet
- mynetworks = 192.168.0.0/23, 127.0.0.0/8
Save your work, and exit the file.
3. Open up /etc/postfix/master.cf, and uncomment
#smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
Now your are Done and you can test directly from Terminal your new Mail Server:
Subject: This is only a test
Here is the place for the message's body
The . followed by return mean the end of message!
Bloogger Blogger, Google Blogger, Google Google
Enjoy the magic ;)